Tap water contains substances which are harmful to fish. Colombo Fish Protect detoxifies tap water making it safe for fish. Colombo Fish Protect contains 3 ingredients which remove toxic substances from the water
- (1) EDTA (Ethylene Diamine Tetra Acetic Acid), the most important one, which chemically binds substances such as heavy metals, making it impossible for fish to take them up
- (2) Colloids - long-chained molecules which can bind a wide range of substances including medicines and pesticides, as well as heavy metals
- (3) CMC (Carboxy Methyl Cellulose) - this is originally a natural (cellulose) fibre, which is chemically altered to make it dissolve in water. Just as colloids, these long fibres bind different compounds like medicines, toxins and heavy metals.
- Dosage: When preparing water for new ponds and when carrying out water changes: use 15ml (1 cap) per 150 litres of tap water. For detoxification and stimulation of the mucus layer use 15ml (1cap) per 1,000 litres of pond water every fortnight
- Ensure sufficient aeration and/or water circulation. 1,000ml Colombo Fish Protect prepares 10,000 litres of tap water and detoxifies / stimulates 7 x 10,000 litres